Selling a house is a great deal indeed. There is so much of planning and execution required to find the right price and the kind of buyer that you are looking at. Many people are exploring the open house plan for selling a house. If you have an agent, then they would have suggested one for you. If not, click here for more. There are many steps to be followed to have a successful open house, the most important ones, like those shown in realestate.com.au, are as follows.
1. Making a good impression is the first thing that needs to be done with the house. You should consider freshening up the landscapes and the paint and also add on a few new items to give a fresh and welcoming look to the eyes of the buyer. The driveways and the pathways should also be clear.
2. Cleaning must be the top most priority. No one wants to look into a house that is covered with clutter and filth all over. You may even have to consider the services of a professional house cleaner to make it look spic and span.
3. Staging is a step that is very common when it comes to selling the house. You can consider displaying new furniture as part of the house. You may not have to make an outright purchase but can hire them only for staging. You have to do a simple coating onto your kitchen and other shelves to make it look bright.
4. Clutter is the biggest enemy to an open house. Just get rid of it. You need to start packing and take all those heavy pieces of luggage out of sight. This has to be done much before the sale news reaches the market.
5. Removing personal items like photos, kids drawings, etc. should be removed. This will make the buyers be able to picture themselves in that house and thereby closing the deal in quick time.
6. Pet lover sellers; be aware that you need to keep your pets away when the open house is happening. You will never know if the buyer is allergic to cat or dog hair and might end up losing a good prospective buyer because of it. So pets are a big NO.
7. You need to spread the word that you are going to have an open house. Make sure that you list it all the online platforms as well as the local listings. You can even put up signs in the neighborhood so that many people are aware as to when it is going to happen.
8. Nature is always a wonder. Allow natural sunlight to enter the house wherever possible. If some portions of your house are dim, make sure that you place proper lighting in these places.
Since an open house is a place for anyone and everyone, you need to be careful with your belongings. The overall security of the house is also something that you need to consider and take necessary precautions. You or your agents have to be prepared with the possible set of questions that the home buyer will ask. There should not be any ambiguity in this.